Odell-Carrie Entrepreneurship Community Scholarship
The Odell-Carrie Entrepreneurship Community Scholarship is an annual scholarship established in memory of Dr. Belinda Jones’, our Founder and CEO, grandparents. Their character, humility, determination and dedicated work ethic resulted in the successful establishment of their own businesses and the enrichment of their community. Dr. Jones’ grandparents always taught her to “be determined to live life purposefully and make your dreams come true”. It is this mantra that motivated and inspired Dr. Jones to follow her dreams and help others follow theirs, specifically the leaders of tomorrow, our youth.
The Odell-Carrie Entrepreneurship Community Scholarship provides entrepreneurial youths the opportunity to start their own business. High school seniors attending schools in Northern Virginia are eligible to apply. The scholarship is awarded on an annual basis. The goal of the scholarship is to ignite a youth’s dream and provide a launch pad for youths who want to be entrepreneurs, which is the vision Dr. Jones’ grandparents passed onto her. The scholarship will hopefully excite area youth to make a positive difference in their communities by planning for the launch of their future businesses.
Program Guidelines & Priorities
- Seeking graduating Seniors with a record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities;
- Participation in extracurricular school activities;
- Submit a copy of most recent high school transcript;
- Complete the Odell-Carrie Community Entrepreneurship Scholarship Application;
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and plan to attend a 2 or 4 year college or Vocational/Technical school OR interested in participating in an internship/apprenticeship opportunity with an established business and;
- Applicants must have an endorsement from their Guidance Counselor as part of their application attesting they are in good standing with their high school they are attending for this scholarship program;
- Complete the Odell-Carrie Business Plan Portfolio Questionnaire.
- Scholarship Applications are due annually by May 31st and scholarships are awarded in the summer.